The Conversion of Word file from one Font Layout to other through Exchange Utility without opening the word file directly. This facility is given in Shree-Lipi 7.4. The details of the same are given below-
Prerequisites for Doc To Doc Conversion:
1. Microsoft Word must be installed.
2. Dot Net Framework 3.5 must be installed in the system.
3. Do not perform copy function while conversion process is going on.
4. Fonts must be installed in the system.
5. Fonts must be set properly in Font Layout Manager.
6. Do not Open Microsoft Word while conversion process is going on.
Conversion steps are:
1. Open 'Exchange Utility'.
2. After opening Exchange Utility, there are certain settings to be done in it for conversion. Settings in Exchange Utility are-
a. Source- File
b. Data Format- Doc File (DOC)
c. Language- Devanagari
d. Set the Output to Folder where you want to save the converted file
e. Set the Input from Folder where you saved the file for conversion
Note 1. No need to set Input Font Format and Output Font Format.
Note 2. Both the locations of Output to Folder and Input from Folder are different as after conversion file will save with the same name.
3. Click on 'Add File' option to add the file for conversion.
4. Click on 'Convert' option.
5. Select Output Layout and its respective Output Font and then click on OK option.
6. To open Converted File, Go to Output to Folder Location set in the settings.
Advantages of Doc To Doc Conversion:-
1. Layout of the original file is maintained in the converted file.
2. Bilingual data can be converted i.e. Mix data of English with Indian Language or Script.
3. Multiple files can be added for Conversion at a time.
Following is the link of Video uploaded on YouTube. Please go through that.
Conversion - Doc to Doc- https://youtu.be/De8glIcj3hM
Issues related to converting data from one layout to other layout
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest