My file size for PageMaker documents keeps increasing -- what causes it and how can I reduce the file size?

Tips and Tricks related to Adobe PageMaker
ModeratorNA

My file size for PageMaker documents keeps increasing -- what causes it and how can I reduce the file size?

Postby ModeratorNA » Fri May 27, 2016 3:32 pm

You can specify in the Preferences Menu which way PageMaker should save the file. The default method is "Faster" which appends the recent changes to the end of the file, making it larger. You can compact the file by regularly doing a "Save As..." and saving under the same file name. Another option is to set the preference to the "Smaller" method though it does take longer to save the file this way. If your file is somehow damaged, you are much more likely to recover it if it was saved with the smaller method. A recommendation of many is to always use the Save Smaller option. Another way of decreasing file size is to use PageMaker's link capabilities. Basically graphic files should not be stored internally in you PageMaker documents. Look up "links" in your PageMaker manual. Remember that if you link your graphics do not forget to take graphics file along with PageMaker file to printer
bureau / machine where you take printouts.

Return to “Adobe PageMaker”